Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Bad days



So I had a pretty crappy day at work. I spent my day being idle. While this may sound like a dream come true to get paid to do nothing, it really isn’t. While I was sitting on my butt waiting for the day to be over, work that I needed to accomplish was going undone. There was training that I missed for an upcoming event that will have to be made up later. I also have a project that every day that passes gets more expensive and more difficult to finish. The part that really gets on my nerves is that this situation was completely preventable. I did not have to be idle today. I could have made significant headway on my project and gone to my training. 



There was a silver lining. For lunch, I got to go to a new restaurant that has really good soul food. I LOVE soul food. The restaurant was also a specialty market. They carried a huge selection of craft and imported beer.  I LOVE craft and imported beer. The best part of lunch wasn’t the food; it was spending time with my colleagues that I normally don’t get to interact with. I have incredible co-workers. Any time we can get together and just be ourselves, magic happens. While today cost me a lot in time, it paid in other ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment