Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Edumucation

Yes I misspelled it on purpose.

The university I go to forces students into learning teams. This is supposed to teach how to work together and be better teammates in the real world. We have weekly projects that are graded and no matter how much effort a person puts into the project, everyone receives the same grade. This experience has simply reinforced my belief that if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. I care about my grades. They are a measure of success and effort. Nothing pisses me off and motivates me to work harder than a bad or less than perfect grade. Another thing team projects taught me is that adults are just old children. They pitch temper tantrums as well as any six year old in Wal-Mart when they get told they can't have a new toy. Lastly, a degree doesn't mean the person has any measure of intelligence. I have met people in my classes that are almost compete with their program and consistently have issues with reading comprehension. The simplest concepts elude what should be intelligent human beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment