Monday, June 20, 2016

The Biolite revisited



Yours truly did a review of the Biolite Camp stove back in February for Blue Collar Prepping found here.

TL;DR
Its cool but heavy.



After playing with my Biolite stove a few times, something was bothering me. It was the fact that I have hold my pan above the stove, cook, feed the fire, and do everything else at once while not spilling the contents of the pan. Surely there has to be a better way. I filed that in my to-do list and went about my merry way. Well a few months after my review of the Biolite, I was watching a review of an alcohol stove on You Tube and I was struck with inspiration. I could fix the issue I had with the Biolite and not spend a dime (that I hadn’t already spent). I grabbed an old stainless steel dog food bowl and test fit it to the Biolite. It fit perfectly. Now I had to put my tools to work. I used a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade to cut out the bottom and the holes on the side. Then I used a Dremel with a sanding drum to smooth down the rough edges. 




Now I can set a pan or pot on top of the Biolite and worry about other camp tasks while my food cooks.   
 



No comments:

Post a Comment